Monday, February 20, 2023

4th day after 9th chemo

behindthedoor

Well, let me tell you, I was feeling like a superhero after this round of chemo! I mean, don't get me wrong, I was fully prepared to be bedridden for days on end, but to my surprise, the after-effects were not as bad as I thought they would be.

I remember after my 8th chemo session, I was stuck in bed for what felt like an eternity. But this time around, I was up and about in no time! And that is considering that my blood work showed some abnormalities for the first time, with my white and red blood cells dropping. I was starting to think that the cumulative effect of chemo had finally caught up with me. Chicken liver, pomegranate juice and protein to the rescue...

But lo and behold, I bounced back like a champ! Sure, I had some intermittent fatigue during starting Thursday, but that's to be expected. And Sunday was my designated nap and recovery day as usual.

The best part was that I managed to fit in some fun stuff in between my naps! I got a new wig (which, let's be real, made me feel like a whole new person), clown around at DeCordova and even went to a party! I mean, who says you can't party on chemo?

All in all, I'd say this round of chemo was a total win-win. I'm feeling "chemo normal"  and in step with my previous chemo pattern of recovery. If the last three chemotherapies that left revert to this recovery I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

chemotherapy (29) chemo side effects (24) friends (12) radiation (12) cancer (10) fun (10) keytruda (9) food (7) biopsy (6) fatigue (6) insurance (6) port (6) testing (6) hell (5) iv (5) recharge (5) scan (5) test results (5) MRI (4) celebration (4) chemo (4) doctor (4) hair loss (4) hospital (4) mammogram (4) side effects (4) support (4) surgery (4) taxol (4) acupuncture (3) benadryl (3) carboplatin (3) diagnosis (3) operation (3) protocol (3) radiology (3) wig (3) Clark Museum (2) Dana Farber (2) allergic reaction (2) arthritis (2) ct scan (2) cytoxan (2) emotianl state (2) emotional state (2) everyday life (2) family (2) funny (2) genetic testing (2) hair (2) nurse (2) preparation for chemotherapy (2) second opinion (2) treatment (2) trip (2) triple negative (2) tumor (2) turban (2) zofran (2) 1st chemo (1) Faulkner hospital (1) HER2 (1) Lahey (1) MassMoca (1) RSL (1) accupuncture (1) adriamycin (1) adriamycinche (1) birthday (1) blood work (1) blue cross blue shield (1) bone scan (1) brain fog (1) cravings (1) daughter (1) depression (1) diarrhea (1) discovery (1) dressing (1) drugs (1) estrogen receptor (1) halfway (1) hospitals (1) how to tell you have cancer (1) hugs (1) infusion room (1) invasive carcinoma (1) lessons learned (1) low white cells (1) music (1) mutations (1) nausea (1) new year (1) pathology (1) pepcid (1) pink (1) plans (1) pneumonitis (1) progesterone receptor (1) reduction (1) referral (1) respite (1) response (1) results (1) rides (1) samples (1) scheduling (1) self-diagnostic (1) seroma (1) soups (1) statistics (1) suppliments (1) survival (1) tissues (1) tokens (1) travel (1) treatment regiment (1) ultrasound (1)